Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy Weekend

Wow! This weekend has been a busy one. Saturday I had my 3 old roomies from college and their growing families come visit. We try to get together at least once a year, if we are lucky, twice a year. It was so much fun because not only do us girls get to reconnect but our husbands all get along and now all our kids play together. They are too cute and all the boys have "J" names: Jacob, Joshua, Javen, and Jonathan...isn't that funny?


Then on Sunday I headed down to Oceanside for a MOPS (moms of preschoolers) leadership retreat. I am apart of the leadership team for MOPS at our church and it is is so amazing! We stayed up until 3am talking and sharing. The woman are great and I truly feel the Lord has given me this as a gift during this difficult time. I am learning and growing so much I don't even feel I can explain it all because it would take too long to write. All I can say is God is good, he answers prayer, He is with us in every step, and His hand in our lives is so encouraging.
Sorry no pics from the retreat but hopefully I can get one at our next meeting.

No comments: