Saturday, October 11, 2008

Whirlwind

Hi all, I am back. As most of you already know we have had an intense couple of weeks. I am just going to sum it up quickly in this blog because I want to keep you all up to speed but it is also painful and too tiring to think completely out. So here goes...We were approached with the possibility of adopting twin boys domestically that are due in November. We were incredibly excited!! Unfortunately it did not work out mainly due to the fact that the birth mom wanted an open adoption and we felt in our heart we could only agree to a semi-open adoption (which is sending pictures and updates). It was all a giant whirlwind and as quickly as it came into our lives it was gone leaving behind a sadness and longing in our hearts. I stand secure in the Lord and the promises he has for our family. I know that I cannot give up in our pursuit in this adoption, which at times it definitely would be the easier road. Just when I don't think I could handle anymore disappointment the Lord fills me with His peace. Our hearts are forever connected now to these precious boys and we will always pray for them and pray they are placed with a wonderful family.

Thank you everyone for all your prayers, support, and encouragment in this journey. We are so thankful and blessed to be surrounded by such great people. Love you all.

1 comment:

Heather Brandt said...

I will continue to pray that God will lead you to the child (ren) He has chosen to you and that He would make His will clear to you.

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com