Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Latest

I know I have not said much about Ukraine and Russia. That is because there is not much to update. Both countries have our paperwork and we are waiting to hear news. So please just pray that we hear something soon...anything. And that things are moving. It is hard to know because I feel left in the dark so much of the time. I know people are working through our paperwork and making things happen but it is all unseen by us. I think that is sometimes the hardest part. But I know God's hand is in the unseen and that people are working for us to advance our paperwork to help us one day meet our child.

"As believers, we find in the cross of Christ assurance that we, as individuals, are beloved of God; "the Son of God...loved me and gave himself for me" (Gal 2:20). Knowing this, we are able to apply to ourselves the promise that all things work together for good to them that love God and are called according to his purpose (Rom 8:28). Not just some things, but all things! Every single thing that happens to us expresses God's love to us, and comes to us for the furthering of God's purpose for us...even when we cannot see the why and the wherefore of God's dealings, we know that there is love in and behind them, and so we can rejoice always, even when, humanly speaking, things are going wrong. We know that the true story of our lives, when known, will prove to be, as the hymn says, "mercy from first to last"- and we are content."
(Knowing God, J.I. Packer, p.122)

No comments: