Friday, September 19, 2008

NOTHING

Exciting news is we had a conference call with the man in Ukraine who is helping us with the adoption. He informed us that we will only need to take one trip and it looks like it will be in December! We are very excited but also have learned to prepare our hearts for anything. The reality is it is all so fragile and can change at any time. As the Lord continually reminds me it has never been in our control and all in His. If I don't let myself get to high in the emotions then I don't go so low in the set backs :) However, things are happening which is exciting in itself. It feels we have taken a couple big steps forward...yippi!

This week has been a crazy week trying to get paperwork and transactions completed. There was a couple times I thought, this is a joke. Does everything need to be so difficult? Am I not handling things correctly? My frustration levels were high. As I was in the middle of a goose chase to complete a simple (so i thought) task, I looked back in my rear view mirror and saw my beautiful son looking back at me. And I thought, I love him so much and there is nothing I would not do for him...NOTHING. And it hit me, that is what I am doing right now for my other child. I know in my heart he/she is out there and when I see him/her my heart will be filled with as much love as it is for my son. I cannot see a little face. I do not know if they are a boy or a girl. I do not know how old they are. I do not know if they are in Russia, Ukraine or both. But I know in my heart our child is out there...all alone in an orphanage and there is nothing I would not do with a heart full of love to bringing them home...NOTHING. So every line I wait in, every phone call I need to make, every UPS store I go to, every check I write, every goose chase I am sent on, every obstacle, every set back, I will do over and over until they take me to the doors of the orphanage where I can bend down, look into my child's eyes, embrace and tell them, " your mom and dad have finally made it to you". NOTHING can separate me from that hope.

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?...For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, not anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
Romans 8:35-39

2 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

Very exciting news to read!

Heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

You've got me crying Nicole. This is such a sweet realization. I'm sure December can't come soon enough. I am praying for God's joy, peace & patience in your life right now.