Wednesday, September 3, 2008

First Day













Our family hit a big milestone today.... Jake had his first day of preschool! Isn't he cute in his little uniform? He did great! As Joe and I dropped him off this morning we both felt nervous for him. Joe went to 11 different schools in 12 years growing up so I think the feelings were stronger for him. The memories of butterflies in the stomach, the unknown, new faces... But Jake handled it well and sat at his chair, played with floam(don't ask me what it is or even if I spelled it right), and did not cry when we left. As soon as I picked Jake up the first thing he said was, "I didn't get to use the scissors". Apparently he is really looking forward to cutting paper.

This day was bittersweet. It is so exciting and fun to enter a new chapter but it is also sad because my little boy is not a baby anymore. He is growing up way too fast (cliche but so true). As for me I now find time to myself and think I will be able to accomplish a lot. I honestly don't know what it will be like to run around and do errands without a little one in tow:) I know I need to enjoy it while I can but also hoping it will not be that way for too long :)

No comments: