Unexpectedly, we had,hopefully,our final home visit with the social worker this morning!!! He emailed me late last night to see if he could come early this morning. Thank you Lord for answered prayers in moving this along quickly and things going well with the social worker. It feels so good to have that done. He now will write up our report which takes about 10 days. Then he sends a rough draft to our agency and they will review it and make sure everything is correct. Then he will finalize it and send it to us. Yippi!! We are moving along!
The exciting thing is that once this is completed we then are able to file with our government a A-600A form...which allows you to bring an adopted child into the country. This form can take up to 2 months to get but once we have it we will be able to go to the Ukraine with Gene to personally hand in our paperwork. So we could be going to the Ukraine in a couple months!!! The thought makes me so excited but I am trying not to get my hopes up too high because who knows what will happen...The Lord knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So you are also pursuing Ukrainian adoption? What a blessing your homestudy visits are over so that the social worker can complete the written report! I'm praying that the report will be completed quickly!
heather brandt
One more step, yea!
Can't wait to catch up next week.
No word yet, just praying the right people come along and love our place.
Yeah! I am so glad that everything is moving so quickly! I pray that from here on out it moves even more quickly! I am so proud of you for blogging. Thanks for keeping us all updated on everything going on!
Love,
Kel
Post a Comment