Joshua is doing great. He is such a joy. His little personality has really come out and he babbles and babbles. He has started saying a couple small words...bubba, ruff (for dog), oh (for uh-oh). He will also shake his head no, put his hands to his mouth to say he is hungry, and my favorite is he will motion his hands to come if he wants to take you somewhere (like go up the stairs-his favorite). He is a busy little guy and we are in the process of getting our house baby proofed. He opens every drawer, loves the toilet and trash cans. His curiosity has definitely not diminished and it is hilarious to watch him when a door to the outside opens. He has a radar and no matter where he is comes out and will dart as quickly as possible to it. One thing that has diminished is his food anxiety. When he first came home he would go crazy over the sight of food (even if he just ate) and he would eat it as quickly as possible. Funny story is my first grocery store outing with the two boys. I went to a small grocery store and the cart was small and the isles where so close Josh could grab at everything (and he did). Anything I would put in the cart, especially his favorites bananas, yogurt...he would get crazy. The cart was full and I turned to grab some milks. When I turned back around Josh had managed to reach into the back of the cart and in seconds rip a yogurt open and was fisting it into his mouth.It was all over the floor, him, the cart. People probably thought I never fed the little skinny boy:) I could not help but laugh and snap a picture with my phone:) The picture was after we gained some control and cleaned up most of the mess.
Here are a couple more pics captured by my phone. One is Josh with my sister-in-laws neighbors dog. He loves dogs! I think we are getting one here soon:) I have been researching.


I am planning on ending my blog:( As our journey has come to an end I just feel the timing is right:) I am trying to put together a little video with the pictures of our trips and Joshua. Working on it:)
3 comments:
you are a gorgeous family :o) So glad to hear of all the little things that are happening that are bonding you together :o)
Nicole, I will be sad if I don't get to read Daichendt updates anymore. =( Couldn't you just update a few times a year? It's such a nice way to see pictures from time to time and hear how Joshua is doing. I don't get to updating my blog too often anymore either, but I still plan to keep it even if it gets to a point someday of just an annual update. =) Did you know that your whole blog can be printed in book format? I plan to do that for Maella as a keepsake/journal of this journey.
Loved the story about the yogurt!! Sounds familiar. :o)
Kara
I agree with Kara....I'll be so sad not to see any updates on your beautiful family! I hope you keep it going, even if every so often.
Glad things are going so well :)
Claire
Post a Comment