Sunday, August 2, 2009

3 Weeks

It has been 3 weeks since we have been home and yet it feels so much longer. It is as though Joshua has always been with us:) We have been having so much fun these last couple weeks. I know I have not blogged but there just is not the time. Joshua still loves the outside and we spend a lot of time in the backyard, front yard and pool. He just loves to explore. He really loves leaves and birds. He will point to every bird he hears or sees in the sky:) and pick up every leaf.
Joshua had an appointment with an international specialist this week and the doctor said he gives him an "A". He observed Joshua and feels he is attaching well and developmentally on que. Joshua has started walking on his own. We are just so thankful we were able to be apart of this great milestone. The doctor told us we would be amazed at how quickly he will reach new milestones and adapt. All from love and the touch and the attention of family. I would say that is the most rewarding part of it all. To see him respond and thrive to love. Joshua is on the small end but we know he will catch up:) He has been learning how to give great hugs and kisses and to come to momma or daddy when he gets hurt.



As for Jake and Josh they are bonding more and more as brothers. I am not going to lie, the first week to two weeks was a little hard for Jake. No more than what every only child experiences, I guess. He was recovering from illness and jet lag on top of having a new member to the family. He would ask me, is it Joshua's nap time yet? He was a little down for awhile but has made a full bounce back and is the great big brother we knew he would be:) Jake loves to help him walk around the house and their favorite game is to chase each other, Jake on his police car and Joshua in his walker. They both radiate with childhood laughter and glee:) And it is in those moments I pause and thank my Lord. The laughter of children throughout the house has to be one of the best things in life. Joshua shares his brothers love for seashell (the guinea pig). Every morning when he gets up he points to Jake's room and we walk in to say good morning to seashell. Joshua just gets so excited his whole body shakes with joy. If I put Joshua down for a minute he will crawl (because he can get there much faster) to Jake's room, climb on his bed, and put his fingers in seashells cage. It is too cute! We can't let him hold seashell yet because he still gets too excited and squeezes him. He is slowly learning what soft touch is:)



5 comments:

Heather Brandt said...

I love love seeing all the new photos! Great to hear the doctor thought he was doing well!

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Claire said...

Love the new pictures!! I'm so glad Joshua is adapting so well :) SO precious...what a blessing.

quinn said...

glad things are going so well! ollie and joshua would have a great time playing together ollie loves birds and leaves too:)

Lynn said...

I am so glad things are going so well, and both boys are adjusting well. What great pictures.

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Your boys are just beautiful! Glad to hear that the IA visit went well..looks like the boys are bonding well with each other too...