Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Texas






















We had our annual Texas trip with the Daichendt family and it was a ton of fun! Last year we had to miss this trip because we were in Russia for the month bringing our baby home.



The boys had such a great time. Jake had so much fun running around with his cousins. They would go on the boats, wave runners, shoot BB guns, catch frogs, jump on the trampoline, play on the water slide...it is just a boys paradise:) Joshy ran all around and was loving life. He wanted to try everything...even jumping off the diving board with his dad. He was all smiles.

One great memory was Joe and I each took out a wave runner to go on a little adventure up the river. I had Josh and Joe had Jake and his cousin Jack. We go up about 20 minutes, the wind blowing our faces and Josh conks out on me. It was such sweet moment. His little blond hair blowing and rosy red cheeks. As we just turn around to head back it starts pouring rain. We have to slow way down and I have Joshy leaning on my one arm that is holding down the throttle and steering and my other hand to shield his face from the rain. We were all drenching wet and he did not even wake up. He was out the whole time. Another fun moment was Joe and I were on the tube with Josh. We tried to coax Jake to come out with us but he was a little nervous with the tubes. So we are behind the boat and it starts picking up a little speed and I think Josh is going to start to get upset but he is just smiling ear to ear. Then we start going over the bumps from the wakes and he starts laughing and giggling having the best of time. I looked over at Joe and said to think he was in an orphanage only a year ago! It is so amazing!

Great memories!

No comments: