Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Jake


I think 5 1/2 is such a fun age. I have really seen a change in Jake these last couple months. He has learned to ride his bike without training wheels (he probably could have done this much sooner because it only took him a couple tries and he had it). He asks to go out everyday now and rides around the neighborhood with all the older boys. Joe and I were laughing because his bike is too small for him. He looks huge on this little bike riding around so happy and unaware. We are waiting for his birthday to get him a new one.

He asks to go to the skate park all the time now to ride his razor.
He lays outside with Leroy resting and thinking, that's what he says:)

He walks around the house with a little water bottle attached to his belt loop and with his hiking shoes on his papa bought him. He asks over and over, how many more days until camping (It's not until August so we have a ways to go).

He tells me he has lots of friends at school and can we set up play dates with them
He has chores. They include, feeding the dog every morning and night. Feeding his Guinea pigs. Making his bed in the morning. Setting the table for dinner and clearing the table after dinner. And he does a really good job at it all. He never complains or has to be asked twice.

Since it has all come on gradually, it just hit me that we have entered a new stage. He is acting older and although it is always sad when they move into the next phase, I am finding the opposite. It is so much fun! It is the perfect combination. He is still young and innocent. He wants to be with his mom and dad. They aren't "too cool" or embarrassed. When I pick him up from school he jumps up and yells mom as he runs over and hugs me, oh it's the best! Yet he wants to play with his friends and ride around the neighborhood. He has questions at another level. He wants a calender, he told me, for his room so he can really see the days and when things are happening. He wanted to mail letters to his cousins and really understand how the whole mail system worked. He acts older and is so darn cute!
The final indicator was when he put on his clothes and all of a sudden they look way too small. And he tells me in the car, my shoes are too tight. So out with the 4/5year old and in with the 6/7year old. Like I said, I think I am going to really enjoy this age:) I love my Jakey

1 comment:

Heather said...

boy can i relate friend! i just love our little men! i'm so thankful for you guys and both (ours and the boys) friendship! love you!
heather