Here we are, the last night in our beds! We leave tomorrow and I think the butterflies and excitement have fully set in. The last 3 days I have spent on the couch because unfortunately I have been really sick and I am still not fully recovered. Jake to, I took him to his doctor and he has an inner ear infection. He started antibiotics but my prayer is that we will all be healthy for our travels tomorrow. There have been some good things to come from being sick. One was I was forced to do nothing! I slept, I vegged, I ate good, took lots of vitamins and water, and most importantly had a lot of time to pray. Pray for Joshua, pray for the trip, the travels, for Jake, for Joe, for my mom....everything. Secondly, Joe, Jake and I lounged around the house, played card games and watched movies. So it was not all bad:)
I can not believe we are here...finally at this point. I am packing a suitcase full of not only Jake's clothes but also clothes for my second son, Joshua. For so long we have prayed to have another child. And here we are, almost four years later. Truly a miracle. God has guided us in His beautiful and mysterious ways to Joshua. This journey has been long and very painful at times. There have been many times I have cried; times I thought I cannot do this anymore; times I wondered, God are you really in this? are you here? He was. He was constant and ever present. In all the little details. I can, without a doubt, say I have seen God's hand in this and know this is of Him. Through this journey I have experienced God more deeply and feel so blessed and honored to have been chosen for this...for such a time as this:) I cannot explain it fully. When you have a child your life is richer, fuller. Through this adoption the same is true and more. I feel my life is not only richer, fuller, but also more dimensional, textured, and seasoned. I have seen and experienced God. His whispers, His comfort, His Word as a balm to my soul, His love, His silence, His answers, His peace...and I am forever changed. Surrendering all my heart, my life, my trust to Him. Something I would never ask to be taken from me. So precious to my soul and I am left with an even greater love, hunger, and awe for my creator, my God. Every time I look at my babies, my two sons, both miracles of life I will be reminded of God's love and how he forever changed mine for Him.
There are so many people I want to thank. I have said this many many times but I have been so touched by the kindness, thoughtfulness, and love of so many. From text messages saying happy birthday to Joshua. To emails with encouraging words and verses. To special letters, notes, and packages in my mail box. To gifts left at the doorstep for our travels. To hugs and listening ears. To all the prayers. There have been so many times I have just been in awe of all the support and thought wow, thank you God. I am so blessed by the outpouring of the body. I do not know if Joshua is ready for all the love that is about to come his way:) We love you all and will keep you posted.
It's not over yet and we do have some prayer requests:) Prayers to carry us through the finish line.
1.) Safe, smooth, healthy travels
2.) Successful court date (June 23rd)
3.) For our 10 day wait. That we will be able to visit regularly with Joshua and he will begin to bond with us.
4.) Our Lord will be with little Joshua and begin to prepare him for this BIG change. All he has known is the orphanage and his caregivers there. And now he will be taken away by people he cannot even understand. We pray for a smooth transition for him. The Lords peace on his little heart. That he will feel our love. And that he will begin to attach with us quickly:)
5.) For Jake that the trip will not be too hard for him and that he will have a good time and bond well with Joshua.
I'm sure there will be more to come:) Thanks all and here we come Joshua!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for you all as you journey back to your sweet baby boy!
heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com
Nicole, this brought tears to my eyes. I have been thinking of you and praying for your health these past few days. Right now, you're on the plane on your way here. For all things are now ready...
Love, Kara
Let the journey begin! You are going to have a wonderful time, it is an experience like no other, enjoy every minute. We are praying for you. Ryan and Amy Y.
Post a Comment