Saturday, November 29, 2008

Adoption

Update on the adoption front...which is really what this blog is for...but there is nothing to report. We are still waiting to hear word...anything. Russia said that it will take about 6 months until we receive our referral and we sent our paperwork at the end of August (so it has been about 3 months). With Ukraine we are just hoping that the paperwork is able to be pushed to the front and we will hear something any day...but we do not know. We just keep praying we will hear something soon...if we heard news before Christmas that would be fantastic and such a gift. The holidays are such a wonderful time of year and also sometimes the hardest.

In all this waiting and the intense emotions that come with it, I find that I sometimes shut my mind and heart from it all. In the deep parts of my heart I still hold onto hope and dream, but now that we have been in this process for a year and still do not even have a face to a child or a travel date it all feels empty. I know I cannot think that way and I continue to pray which is really all I can do. Pray and trust in the Lords perfect timing.

No comments: